Tuesday 10 December 2013

New York, New York

Good evening crafters,

A work friend of mine has been keeping up to date with all the pictures of my cards on Facebook and decided that she would like one made for her Boyfriend.  He really likes New York, so this was to be the theme for the card.  Hunting down New York card making materials was a lot harder then I thought it would be.  She also has a pet name for him (sweet) which is Poo Poo, so she decided that it would be nice to include this.  Below is what I came up with.


I have used two decoupage set which I found on Crafts U Print, one is called New York and the other is called I Love New York.  I have adapted both of these to suit the look I wanted to achieve by cutting away the backgrounds on them.

I have embossed a square piece of black card using an embossing folder (not sure what make it is) and layered this onto Silver Mirror Card.  The I Love New York decoupage, with the background taken away, has also been layered onto Mirror Card and place in the centre at the top of the card.


I have cut away the background of the New York decoupage to leave the Taxi Cab and then decoupaged the layers to give it more dimension.  Using the smallest of the Memory Box Sideshow Ticket Dies, I have cut out NYC (New York City) and placed it in the top left hand corner.  I have also printed out the sentiment "Happy Birthday Poo Poo" and cut into a banner shape.  This I have then bowed to create more dimension and added two black buttons to either end.


I decided at the last minute to make this into an easel card, so I cut and embossed a square piece of yellow card with the same embossing folder and layered this onto Mirror Card.  I then added a Birthday Verse to black card and added this as the easel stopper.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Except Christmas
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Anything Goes Optional Easel
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Anything But Christmas
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting Musketeers - Layer It Up
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

That's all for now, hope you have enjoyed looking at my card.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment