Sunday 23 February 2014

Blue Shamballa Girl

Evening all

Last day at work today, I am now officially on holiday for the next 10 days.  I call it a holiday, but there will be no relaxing as I have decorating planned.  Need to finish off those half done jobs from when I was ill last year.

Anyway on to today's make which is not a card.  I have been making Shamballa bracelets for a few months but wanted to do something different from the normal bracelet in a bag.


I have made the shamballa bracelet using white shamballa cord, 5mm blue pearl beads and one blue shamballa bead.  The peals beads have been threaded onto the two outer cords giving a double bead effect as the shamballa knots are tied.


I have then made a 4 x 4 square box from white card stock.  I have cut a strip of white card and glued the two edges together to form a circle to fit inside the bracelet, this has then had tabs cut into it and has been glued to the base.  A couple of layers of tissue paper has then been added over the top.  The bracelet sits around this and is kept in place.


For the top of the box, I have firstly embossed it using the Die'sire Flower Power Embossing Folder and using a circle punch, a semi circle has been cut out of two opposite sides.

I have then taken a piece of blue Centura Pearl card and embossed it using a Spellbinders Embossing Folder.  Using the Spellbinders Captivating Squares, I have cut the second largest die from white card stock backed with a double sided adhesive sheet.  This has then been covered with loose glitter.

The digital stamp is from Sherri Baldy and I have coloured using ProMarkers to match the colour of the bracelet.  She has been cut out and layered onto the glitter square using Pinflair Glue to give dimension.

Last, to make the flower I have used the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Four.  From the blue Centura Pearl, I have cut two of the medium flowers and one of the small flowers from white card stock, again backed with the adhesive sheet and glittered.  These have been shaped, layered and a flat back pearl added to the centre.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Let's Craft And Create - Fabric Or Felt (Shamballa Cord)
Little Red Wagon - Anything But A Card... But With Paper
That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Make Or Alter A Box
Besties Challenge - Bingo (Flowers, Blue, Glitter)
Bastel-traum.ch/Blog - Gifts / Boxes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment