Friday 4 April 2014

April Showers And Spring Flowers

Good afternoon all

Just a quick post before I go to work, I started this card last night and just about managed to get it finished this morning.  The theme is April Showers and Spring Flowers done in pastel colours.


I have started with a square piece of patterned digital paper and layered this onto blue card stock leaving a small border around the edge.  Next I have taken a smaller piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Flower Power embossing folder.  Colour has been added using a blue ink pad.

I have then taken some blue spider web, wrapped it around the background and added some striped blue ribbon to the top edge of the spider web.


The digital stamp is in a set of three called It's All in Sam's Approach from Sassy Cheryl's Digital Stamps.  I have coloured her using ProMarkers, layered her onto blue card stock and added some tiny flower gems which I picked up from Claire's Accessories, they are nail act gems.


I have made three different types of flowers, for the first, I have used a Tattered Lace die and cut out two large petals and one small petal from yellow Centura Pearl.  For the second, I have used the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Three and cut two small petals from Lilac Centura Pearl.  These have all been shaped, layered and flat back pearls added to the centre.  For the third flower, I have used the Crafty Sentiments Designs Medium Rolled Flower die and cut from pink card stock.


To finish the card, I have added Mum using the Tattered Lace Family Sentiments die set.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Come And Get It Challenges - In The Garden
Pile It On - Floral Fantasy
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes / Easter Colours
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog - Spring Is Coming
Eureka Stamps - Spring Flowers
Handmade Harbour - Spring
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes With Ribbon
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Ruby's Rainbow - April Showers
Shelly's Images - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Ali-Craft Blog - Spring

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment