Tuesday 13 May 2014

Blue Mermaid

Good afternoon everyone

I was up and about very early this morning, which is unusual for me on a day off.  A friend of mine is about seven weeks away from giving birth and has nowhere to live, so she wanted help with viewing a flat.  There are six of them crowded into a tiny two bed terrace house at the moment, so fingers crossed she can move in before the baby arrives.

Anyway, it has given me the chance to finish a card that I started to make last night.  The Mermaid image is a freebie from Opal Manor.


I have started with a square piece of patterned digital paper and layered it onto blue card stock leaving a small border around the edge.  The corners of both the digital paper and the card stock have been rounded using a X-cut corner punch.

Next, I have taken a panel of matching patterned digital paper and layered this onto the same blue card, again with the corners rounded.  This has been placed onto the right hand side of the background.


Using my Cameo Silhouette and a free cutting file from Birds Cards, I have cut out the Decorative Circles 2 from blue card stock and layered this onto the centre of the background.  Next, I have taken a square piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Embossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder.  I have added soft colour to this using the Memento Dew Drop Bahama Blue ink pad and layered it onto blue card again, with the same rounded corners.

The digital stamp has been coloured using ProMarkers, cut out and layered onto the centre of the embossed square using Pinflair glue for added dimension.


I have added different embellishments to each of the four corners.  One corner has Bunting cut using the Joanna Sheen Signature Dies.  The opposite corner to this has a flower made by using the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Four, which have been shaped and layered.

The the two other corners I have placed With Love cut using the Spellbinders D-Lites Sentiments Two die set and Mum using the Tattered Lace Family Sentiments die set. 


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations - Beside The Seaside
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - 2 Or More Patterned Papers
Charisma Cardz Challenges - Mother's Day
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog - Mum Or Special Lady
Sassy Studio Designs - Happy Mother's Day
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges - Circles And Squares
Card Mania - Emboss It

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment