Wednesday 21 May 2014

Dishwasher Dad

Good evening all

Well what a week I'm having, most of it has been spent in the local hospital with my son.  Sunday night he went to bed early because of not feeling well, by Monday morning he was no better so we booked him into the doctors where they sent him straight to A & E.  Yesterday him was taken into surgery to have his appendix removed.

I have to say that I am not very impressed with the A & E department, it was 4 hours before he saw a doctor, another 3 hours before they took him to a ward and then another 3 hours before he was assessed by the surgeon.  Sitting for 7 hours in A & E has taken its toll out on all of us.

He is still in a lot of pain, but hopefully he will be home tomorrow.  He is determined to go back to college on Monday, because of rehearsals starting for their next production.  I think he may well find that he will still be laid up in bed.

Anyway, he sent me tonight to try and relax, so what better way then to craft.  I have made a clean and simple Father's Day card with a digital image is called Dish Cloth Dave and is from Doctor Digi House Of Stamps.  He has been coloured using ProMarkers.


I have started with a square piece of brown card stock and onto this I have layered across strips of patterned digital paper.  Next I have placed a triangle piece of matching digital paper into the left hand corner and run a piece of brown ribbon along the edge.


Using my Cameo Silhouette and a file from the Silhouette store, I have cut out a hexagon shape from the brown card and a smaller hexagon from white card.  The smaller piece has been embossed using the Die'sire Embossalicious Grande Dots embossing folder.  I have added soft colour around the edges using the Adirondack Earthtones Espresso ink pad.  The digital stamp has been cut out and layered onto the hexagon shape with Pinflair glue to add dimension.


A Happy Father's Day sentiment has been printed from my computer and three buttons glued to one side to add interest.  Three matching buttons have also been added to the left hand corner of the background.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

A Creative Romance - One For The Boys
Inky Chicks - Clean And Simple
One Stitch At A Time - Keep It Simple
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - One For The Boys
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Spots And / Or Stripes
Paper Crafting Journey - For That Special Man

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment