Sunday 4 May 2014

Hollywood Star

Good afternoon all

I have had a very lazy day today, the stress at work has finally got to me and I just had to take a step back and relax.  Today's card has taken all day to make, couldn't seem to get my craft mojo into gear.

I have definitely been obsessed with red this week and glitter seems to be everywhere, I need to go shopping for more.

The theme of this card is the movies and hollywood glamour.  I have used a gorgeous image from Sherri Baldy which I have coloured using ProMarkers.


I have taken a piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Embossalicious Rose Vine embossing folder from Crafter's Companion.  Soft colour has been added to the edges using the Memento Rhubarb Stalk Drew Drop ink pad.  This has then been layered onto black card stock leaving a small border around the edge.

Next, I have cut out three film strips from black card using my Cameo Silhouette and a free cutting file from Scrapsation.  These have been layered onto red shimmer card and placed across the background of the card.  Tiny black star shape buttons have been added for interest.
 

Again, using my Cameo and this time, a free cutting file from Birds Cards, I have cut out a star card front from white card which has been backed with a double sided adhesive sheet.  This has been covered in loose glitter and layered onto red shimmer card.

A sentiment has been added to the centre of the big star and for a little bling, sets of three tiny red gemstones.


The digital stamp has been cut out and layered onto the background using Pinflair glue for dimension and glitter has been added to her dress and hair.

I have made a bow from red organza ribbon and added a glittered star.  This star to the waste from the card front.


The base of the easel card has been layered to match the front and I have added more of the glittered waste stars to try everything in together.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

My Besties UK Challenge - Hollywood Glamour
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Cuttin And Stampin Challenges - Mother's Day No Flowers
The Paper Shelter - Use That Ribbon
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes With Ribbon
Just For Fun - Ribbon Or Lace
Simply Create Too - Stack Um Up
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog - Anything Goes + Option Use A Sentiment
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - Make An Easel Card
Nutcrafters - Bingo (Girly Image, Die Cuts, Gems And Glitter)
Wags n Whiskers Stamps - Ribbon And Bling
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
Craft-Dee BowZ - Anything Goes
My Mum's Craft Shop - Lots Of Layers

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment