Sunday 1 June 2014

Ice Cream Sunday

Good evening everyone

I hope you have all had a fantastic Sunday, mine has been a bit stressful.  My neighbour was out cutting the grass this morning when a stone throw up from the lawn mower and shattered the passenger window of my car, unfortunately, I didn't see it happen and he is trying to say that someone has tried to break into it over night.  

Like I said in a previous post, I am shocked at people's ethic these days.  I am a very honest person, even if it means landing myself in trouble, so I find it disgusting when other people are not the same.  If he had been honest, I would have said don't worry about it, accidents happen, but I am now so angry that if he did admit it, I would insist he pay for the damage.

Anyway, onto today's card.  The digital stamp is from Penny Blossom and I have coloured her in using ProMarkers.  The theme of the card is very summery in the colours of pink and yellow with a hint of green.


I have taken a square piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Embossalicious Floral Stitch embossing folder from Crafters Companion.  I have then added soft colouring around the edge of this using the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mustard Seed ink pad.

I have then taken a smaller piece of white card and added flowers and butterflies using the Butterfly and Daisy stencil from Imagination Crafts and the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Picked Raspberry ink pad.

Next, I have embossed this using the Die'sire Embossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder from Crafters Companion.  I have then cut this into three panels and layered onto pink card stock.


Using the Resplendent Rectangles die set, I have cut out the second largest from pink card and the next size down from white card.  These have been layered together and placed at an angle on the background.  The digital stamp has then been cut out and layered onto this using Pinflair glue to add dimension.


The flowers have been made by stamping the Heartfelt Creations Sun-Kissed Fleur with Perfect Medium onto pink card then heating embossing with Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Pearl Lustre embossing powder.  These have then been cut out using the matching die.  Each petal has been sprayed with water to moisten them, shaped and layered together.  A flat back pearl has been added to the centre of each flower.

For the leaf, I have used the same stamp and embossing powder but stamped it onto green Centura Pearl card.  This has been shaped in the same way as the flowers.

Two hat pins have been added to the flower cluster and in the top left hand corner, I have placed a butterfly cut from pink card using the Memory Box Pippi Butterfly die.  Pink flat back pearls have been added to the centre of the butterfly and a trail from the butterfly runs down the card.


To finish, I have added Daughter cut out of pink card using the Tattered Lace Family Sentiments die set.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Love To Create Challenge Blog - Cute With Punches And Dies
Passion For ProMarkers - Pearls And Pins
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Photo Inspiration
Addicted To Stamps And More - Make Your Mark
Crafty Calender Challenge - Sunshine And Showers
Creative Knockouts - Summer's Coming

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment