Friday 24 October 2014

Skating

Good evening all

I have been given a new project today as my boss decided I needed a target to aim towards.  Our Health and Beauty section is in a very bad state (it always has been), so it is now my department.  One good thing is that just as we are coming into winter, I have been moved to the warmest area in the store.  No thermals for me this year.

The card I'm posting today is one I started at my craft club last week (only just not the time to finish it).  I have used a Saturated Canary digital stamp which has been coloured using ProMarkers and the theme is snowflakes and ice skates.


I have started by cutting out a blank card base from white card using my Cameo Silhouette and a cutting file for the Silhouette store.

Next, I have stamped the Honey Doo Crafts Christmas Wishes stamp with Perfect Medium, onto white card and heat embossed using the Wow Bright White embossing powder.  I have then added colour to the card using the Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Ink pad.

The panel on the left of the card has been embossed using a lattice embossing folder and again, coloured with the same ink pad.


The digital stamp has been cut out and placed onto the background using Pinflair glue to give dimension and I have added Twinklets Diamond Dust to the pom poms on her gloves and leg warmers.

The snowflake has been made by cut out two snowflake shapes using the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Lace die set.  These have been inked with the same ink pad, layered together and a red gemstone brad has been added to the centre.  To give it some sparkle, I have randomly placed Diamond Dust.


The ice skates have been cut out again, using my Cameo Silhouette.  I have then threaded blue twine to make the laces and to give a more realistic look, I have used silver mirror card for the blades.


To finish, I have added a red gemstone brad to the top right hand corner of the background with a snowflake charm attached.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Inky Chicks - Christmas
That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Girls But No Pink
I Love ProMarkers Challenge Blog - No Patterned Paper
Nutcrafters - Winter Weather
Crafting By Designs - Get Ready For Christmas
Sassy Studio Designs - Not Hip To Be Square
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Craft For The Craic - Something Suitable For A Child
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Just One Layer
Perfectly Rustics - Holidays
Creative Moments - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment